Saturday, January 29, 2011

Ice Henge: Brought to You by Rubber Pants


I bought a set of rain gear (pants and jacket) for my Whale Watching excursion in San Francisco back in August.  It’s been one of my better purchases. In addition to keeping me dry at sea, I’ve realized that it’s also pretty good in the snow—the pants especially.

Thanks to the added waterproofing I was able to kneel and lay in the snow for about 40 minutes fooling around with my camera and some icicles. Originally I was hoping to do a Superman, Fortress of Solitude thing, but the ice wasn’t the right shape, so instead I created Ice Henge.

© Cristina Kollet 2011

© Cristina Kollet 2011

© Cristina Kollet 2011

© Cristina Kollet 2011

© Cristina Kollet 2011

© Cristina Kollet 2011

3 comments:

  1. I love snow henge! I think you should do a book with all the great photos you have taken.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ice Henge--wasn't that built by the Fluids?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Anon. I'm limited to a little Nikon Cool Pix for the moment. I'd love to see what I could do with a 35mm and a proper macro lens.

    ***

    LOL Jim, yes it was. Hence the need for rubber pants when shooting.

    ReplyDelete

So, what do you think?

(Comments are moderated, your comment will show up soon.)