Wednesday, October 19, 2011

The Catch-Up Post

The Wookie is wise.

He's noted that I returned from the Road Trip a bit out of phase because, while I was away, I was torn between having a good time and worrying about what was going on at home.

It's taken me a few weeks to get back into the swing of things. In the mean time, we've been drying out the house and I've been getting ready to teach the Celebrant Institute Class of 2012 in November.

I did promise more on the road trip though, so here are a few more photos from the trip and the last couple  of weeks.

On the New Mexico/ Arizona leg of our trip, we passed many of these on Old Route 66.


We debated over what they might be. I finally settled on wings for gliders.  As it turns out, they are for windmills. (Wookie knew at first glance of the photo!)  There were a great many wind farms along the way.


Here's a picture of me in Arizona.


I've already posted a few pictures from the Montezuma Castle National Monument near Camp Verde, AZ. I found this little guy while I was there. (I have not identified what he is yet.)


Here he is in action:



There park system out there is made up of several parks. I also enjoyed Montezuma's Well. I am deeply impressed by the people who walked out into the dessert and made their home there.


When it came time to fly home, I did my usual routine. I jotted down some thoughts about the trip.


And I took pictures from the plane. This time I caught something I'd never seen before, a cloud with a 90° corner.


I'll skip coming home to view the damage from the flood. I was welcomed by hugs from my Wookie and that's really all that matters.

A week after I got back I went pumpkin picking with my family. Here's mine.


I still had the SLR camera that I borrowed for the trip so I took advantage of the chance to take the close ups I really love.


So now I'm back in the groove of things. And back to pottery class. I'll post later with pictures of what I made last time around. Here's what I made this week.



No comments:

Post a Comment

So, what do you think?

(Comments are moderated, your comment will show up soon.)