Monday, September 12, 2011

Zen and Tacos

I am a multitasker by nature. The advent of smart phones and tablets have only exacerbated that habit.

Add to those gadgets the waterproof cases I found at the SCUBA supply store and I have found myself free to watch YouTube videos and TED Talks in the shower and to blog from the dinner table without fear of ruining my phone by spilling soda on it.

Whether or not this is actually a good thing is still up for debate. But there is an exception to meal-time multitasking. Tacos.

Eating tacos requires a certain amount of mindfulness. It is difficult to assemble a taco one-handed while typing with the other. Even more difficult is eating one without wearing some part of it if you are not paying attention. (Especially if you are like me and all of your shirts are all super attractive when it comes to stray food particles.)

So, if you're feeling a little over-taxed and looking for a break from multitasking, then I think tacos are the way to go for dinner. Then again, even as I wrote this, I found myself thinking that using a meal as an opportunity to take a break is, in a way, multitasking.

Oh well.


No comments:

Post a Comment

So, what do you think?

(Comments are moderated, your comment will show up soon.)