Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Each Lovers the Othr. Forever…..

You can take the editor out of the office, but you can’t take the editor out of the girl.

This is a picture of one of four identical window shades at a Chinese buffet where my husband and I occasionally have dinner. Every time we eat there, I am distracted by the typos. The er that changes what I assume should be Loves to Lovers doesn’t bother me as much as the period after Othr.

That period tells me that someone saw there was a typo and decided that, rather than redo the entire silkscreen, they would just add a period as if to indicate that “other” was intentionally abbreviated.

It’s a very odd solution to the problem and one that bothers me a bit.


[Post edited to make more sense. I shouldn't blog while tired. Thanks to OWG for pointing out what I missed.]

No comments:

Post a Comment

So, what do you think?

(Comments are moderated, your comment will show up soon.)