Friday, September 30, 2011

Road Trip: Day 5 The Last Big Push

Today was the last long day of driving, New Mexico to Arizona. Our route continued along Route 40, which is the historic Route 66.

Route 66 is a huge tourist attraction in and of itself. I'm not sure if the road was famous before the TV show or because of it. But I love the idea of a pair of buddies traveling the open road and helping people in trouble.

It made my day to help Tommie and Keith, an older couple who were dealling with a little car trouble.

Our trip is a bit of a blur. We passed several trucks carrying enormous wings--I think they are for gliders. We passed signs for discount meteorites and petrified trees.

We stopped at one scenic overlook, where I tested my tablet's ability to take panoramic shots.

Finally we reached our goal--reuniting Ana and Steve-the-Dog with Ana's fiance. (I'll call him Luke.) What better reason to drive 3,000 miles than love?




No comments:

Post a Comment

So, what do you think?

(Comments are moderated, your comment will show up soon.)